Ford has recently announced a new version of its popular Ford Kuga SUV, the Graphite Tech Edition. This special edition model combines a unique and eye-catching design with the latest generation of driver assistance technologies. It also offers a wide range of powertrain options, including the best-selling plug-in hybrid in Europe. We will take a closer look at what makes the Kuga Graphite Tech Edition.
A New Color for a New Edition
The first thing that catches the attention of the Ford Kuga Graphite Tech Edition is its exclusive exterior color, Grey Matter. This sleek and sophisticated shade gives a bold contrast to the gloss black 19-inch alloy wheels, which feature a multi-spoke design. The color also complements the ST-Line styling pack, which adds a large rear spoiler, red-painted brake calipers, alloy pedals, and scuff plates with the ST-Line logo. For those who want to make an even stronger statement, there is also an optional Black Package, which adds a black roof, gloss mirror caps, front fascia vents, rear spoiler, and 20-inch gloss black alloy wheels.
Grey is a trendy color among car buyers in Europe, accounting for 27 percent of new car sales in 2022. Ford has chosen this color to appeal to customers who value style and elegance, as well as performance and practicality. The Kuga Graphite Tech Edition is the only model in the Kuga line-up that offers this color option.
Advanced Driving Systems as Standard
The Ford Kuga Graphite Tech Edition is not only about looks but also about technology. It comes with a comprehensive tech package that includes some of the most in-demand driver assistance systems as standard. These include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: This system automatically adjusts the speed and distance to the vehicle in front and can bring the vehicle to a complete stop if needed. It can also resume the speed as traffic begins to move.
- Blind Spot Information System: This system warns the driver of vehicles approaching from behind or hidden in the blind spots by illuminating a light on the corresponding side mirror.
- Head-Up Display: This system projects key information such as speed, navigation directions, and driver alerts onto the windshield, allowing the driver to keep their eyes on the road. The projection is compatible with polarized sunglasses.
- LED Quad Projector Headlights: These headlights provide better visibility and adapt to different driving situations by adjusting the beam pattern and intensity. They also feature dynamic bending technology that follows the steering angle to illuminate curves.
- Active Park Assist: This system helps the driver park in parallel or perpendicular spaces by steering the vehicle automatically while the driver controls the accelerator and brake pedals.
These systems are designed to enhance the safety and convenience of driving, as well as reduce stress and fatigue. They are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle.