The SUV market is one of the most competitive and diverse segments in the automotive industry. Customers have a wide range of options to choose from, depending on their preferences, needs, and budget. However, not all SUVs are created equal. Some offer more value, features, and benefits than others. I will look closer at one of the newest and most promising SUVs in the market: the new Hyundai Bayon.
What is the Hyundai Bayon?
The 2024 Hyundai Bayon is a stylish crossover SUV that was launched in Europe in March 2021. It is named after the city of Bayonne in France, a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The Bayon is designed to appeal to style-conscious and practical buyers who want a spacious, versatile, and efficient vehicle that can handle both urban and rural environments.
The Bayon is based on the same platform as the Hyundai i20, a subcompact hatchback that is also sold in Europe. However, the Bayon has a higher ground clearance, a longer wheelbase, and a more robust design than the i20. It also has a larger boot space of 411 liters, which can be expanded to 1,205 liters by folding the rear seats. The Bayon is available in four trim levels: SE Connect, Premium, N Line, and Ultimate.
What are the main features of the Hyundai Bayon?
The Hyundai Bayon offers a number of features that make it stand out in the B-SUV segment. Some of these features are:
- A sharp and distinctive design, with a front LED DRL bar, a newly designed grille and bumper, arrow-shaped rear lights, and a two-tone roof option.
- A state-of-the-art digital cockpit with a 10.25-inch LCD instrument cluster and a 10.25-inch Audio Visual Navigation Screen as standard. The Bayon also supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless charging, and over-the-air software updates.
- A comprehensive suite of safety and driver assistance systems, including Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, Lane Following Assist, Intelligent Speed Limit Assist, Blind-Spot Collision Warning, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, and Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist.
- A range of efficient and powerful engines, including a 1.0-liter T-GDi petrol engine with 48-volt mild hybrid technology, can deliver up to 120 PS and 200 Nm of torque. The Bayon also offers a choice of a six-speed manual transmission, a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, and three drive modes: Eco, Normal, and Sport.
- A competitive price, starting from $23,000 for the SE Connect trim and going up to $29,000 for the Ultimate trim. The Bayon also has a five-year unlimited mileage warranty, a five-year roadside assistance package, and a 12-year anti-corrosion warranty.